Thank you CodeExplorer. I truly appreciate your assistance with this! I was able to use your last cleaned file perfectly. I found the licensing checkpoints and successfully patched them to achieve my goal. Just for my own educational experience, I wanted to learn the process in which you actually got to the cleaned file you have attached in your last post, and so I tried to replicate what you did to get rid of the Agile .NET myself and I'm posting here what I did for the following reasons: A. for others to see how I did it and maybe learn and share info about this and B. If you see any issues or errors in the steps I took, please let me know. So here are the steps I took to get a clean dll file (which is pretty much what you have attached in your last post): 1. Copied "Simple_MSIL_Decryptor.exe" & "Simple_MSIL_Decryptor.exe.config" & "SJITHook.dll" files into my app's installed directory
2. Open "NetBox40New.exe" & run "Simple_MSIL_Decryptor.exe". I ignored and clicked OK on the "GAC installation failed!" warning.
3. Added my "SoftDELLicense.dll" to the MSIL Decryptor tool and clicked "Decrypt" using the following settings:
4. I now have generated "SoftDELLicense_msil.dll". Used Simple Assembly Explorer to get the CS Token (060000AF) from the dll:
5. Use the latest version of de4dot v3.1.41592 and run: de4dot SoftDELLicense_msil.dll -p un --dont-rename --strtyp delegate --strtok 060000AF
6. I generated "SoftDELLicense_msil-cleaned.dll" file. I am now ready to make some changes in both the Initialize & PostInitialize methods to set 062A (a simple return). Note: I only had to do this with the "Initialize" method as the "PostInitialize" already had a simple return.
7. After saving the changes in step 6, I get "SoftDELLicense_msil-cleaned-patched.dll". I run De4dot on this file now using: de4dot SoftDELLicense_msil-cleaned-patched.dll --keep-types --dont-rename where it would generate a much smaller and cleaner file as you have posted on your last post "SoftDELLicense_msil-cleaned-patched-cleaned.dll" where any signs of Agile .NET is completely gone! :D Thanks again for your help. Please let me know if I missed anything. Cheers,
P.S: Not that I need it for anything, but just for experimenting, I tried to run the Simple_MSIL_Decryptor tool on the main BOSS.exe executable and it hangs (not responding). Not sure why it works flawlessly with the dll but gets stuck/frozen with the main exe... Just thought I would let you know.